I'm a Mormon.
The Vineyard Logo

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Star Wars!!

Houston is not only the new home of the Kruzie family, it also happens to be home of the NASA Space Center. This summer they have a special Star Wars exhibit featuring Star Wars and Indiana Jones memorabilia from George Lucus' personal collection. Being the official Star Wars expert of the Kruzie household Hunter was dying to go. So naturally being the wonderful mother I am I took him :) along with Jackson (of course), my mom, and my nephew Cameron. We saw Luke Skywalker's original lightsaber which Hunter thought was pretty cool, the original costumes of C3PO, R2D2, and Indiana Jones. Besides the museum full of stuff there was also several activities for the kids to do. They went through Storm Trooper training where they blasted guns at moving objects, completed an Indiana Jones obstacle course, rode a space ship simulator, learned how much they weighed on Mars and Jupiter (I weigh 58 pounds on Mars if anyone is interested), and drove the Mars Rover. We also participated in a show where the kids were asked to do silly things on stage to win prizes. Wait did I say kids, I ment me! The MC called up some of the parents and asked them to dance on stage. I did the famous Cabbage Patch and won a Hannah Montana backpack. I will now be the envy of 12 year old girls everywhere:) At the end of the show the kids got to meet some very special Star Wars characters including Darth Vador himself! We had a great time! The Space Center is an amazing place and we didn't even get to see it all! We were a little distracted by all the Star Wars displays. Next time we go we will go on the guided tour and see some space crafts up close and personal.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Sounds like Kyson's kind of place! I need to bring him there! He would have so much fun! I'm glad that Hunter had a wonderful time!

stacey said...

How FUN!!! Quinn would have gone crazy in fact when I was reading your blog I had to leave it on so he could listen to the AWESOME Star Wars music :) You are such a fun mom to get on stage and dance with your kids, I love that you won! It sounds like you are having a great time, Texas sounds like a great place to visit.

Mom of WOTB said...

That sounds like it was an awsome place to take the kids. My boys would have loved to see all that Star Wars stuff!

Shannon said...

So are Mars I would be skinny huh?

The Kruzie 411

My photo
Most who view this blog already know about us, but for those who don't here goes. Jackie is a stay-at-home mom and has been married to a very handsome man for the past 12 years. We have two equally handsome boys and one beautiful daughter. Hunter is 6 and wants to be a Jedi Knight when he grows up. Jackson is 2 and adores his big brother. Anna is our newest edition and we are glad to have her. Nate (the handsome husband) is a general contractor and works in his family's business. We started this blog to keep up with friends and family members who live far away in hopes of keeping in better contact with those we care about, so if you are one of them "this blogs for you!"