I'm a Mormon.
The Vineyard Logo

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our BIG Move!

Well it took 3, 8 hour days of driving, but we finally made it to Texas. The trip was uneventful except for the 3 times Jackson puked and the one blow out tire we had only miles away from Nate's parent's house. Let me just say, I will never drive with 2 kids on a long road trip again! I guess I should say I will always drive and never fly anymore because Nate says we always end up doing the thing we said we would never do; reverse psychology. I exaggerate, it wasn't all bad. We detoured in New Mexico and went to 4 corners, and Hunter and Jackson loved jumping on the beds in the hotels, ording pizza, and then eating it in bed! The kids did really well. After the 3 day drive Nate and I drove to Houston which is 3 hours from Nate's parent's. We did NOT take the kids! While there we looked for a place to live and found a house in Montgomery, a suburb of Houston. We are just renting, but it has everything we need including a swing set already set up in the back yard. We move in May 1st, so I guess that means we are really here to stay!

8 comments:

Hartmans said...

Glad that you guys made it.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you made it to your destination safely! I am however, sorry to hear that Jackson puked 3 times! We drove to Texas in March and had a little episode (or two) just like that! We miss you guys already, but are happy that you are guys are safe and doing well!

The Morrells said...

I'm glad you got to Texas okay! I have a hard time driving the 6 hours it takes us to get to Cedar City to visit my husband's family, so I can't imagine 3 days in a row of driving! It sounds like you found a great place to rent! I bet that is a relief. We miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made it safe and sound! The pics are great, especially of Jackson driving! Hope you guys get settled in okay. We miss you!

Mandy

Joseph and Kamber said...

I'm sure we all want to see photos of the new place when you have time.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Glad you made okay. So sorry to hear Jackson was sick. Poor little guy.

Shannon said...

Okay crying again!!! Funny thing and since you don't watch..there was something on the news the other day that said four corners is actually not EXACTLY in the corner of the four states!!! How long has it been four corners??

Brooke said...

Omigosh! I had no idea you guys were not in Utah anymore! Where have I been? So Houston is your new home then? You'll hafta fill me in on the details soon! Glad you made it there okay. We'll miss you guys! I bet it's nice to be closer to family though...

The Kruzie 411

My photo
Most who view this blog already know about us, but for those who don't here goes. Jackie is a stay-at-home mom and has been married to a very handsome man for the past 12 years. We have two equally handsome boys and one beautiful daughter. Hunter is 6 and wants to be a Jedi Knight when he grows up. Jackson is 2 and adores his big brother. Anna is our newest edition and we are glad to have her. Nate (the handsome husband) is a general contractor and works in his family's business. We started this blog to keep up with friends and family members who live far away in hopes of keeping in better contact with those we care about, so if you are one of them "this blogs for you!"